Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Today's ramblings

Being pagan, it's not uncommon to run into confusion as to what name to use for holidays. Yule, Christmas, Midwinter, Solstice, etc. My normal reaction to those moments of confusion is to shrug, smile, and say "Eh, I'll celebrate most anything." That's not to say I'm going to throw a party because someone's puppy died, or anything like that, but I'm definitely of the mind that the more things there are to celebrate, the better.

That is part of why I love the calendar I have. Here's a link to the 2009 version. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1602370575
First of all, the artwork is gorgeous. I have a serious weakness for celtic knotwork. It also has a lot of holidays/observances, from different countries and religions. For example, today is a Bahá'í holy day, the Birth of Bahá'u'lláh. Interesting stuff!

Some of you are probably a lot more interested in what I did today than what my calendar says. Specifically, what I did related to etsy, and crafting. I am trying to get in the habit of listing at least 1 new thing in my store every day. This was my 3rd day in a row of success in that attempt. Today's new listing is a reindeer kitchen towel.

I worked on embroidering some more kitchen towels today. Some of them were for custom orders, and some will end up in my store. One is a beautiful faery with pink and purple wings. I'm hoping for a sunny day soon, so that I can take some pictures, because I am very happy with how that one turned out.

No comments: