Friday, November 21, 2008

Out Wandering

I had a doctor's appointment first thing this morning. I left with half a pharmacy worth of medications, because breathing is a good thing. Ironically, I realized a little later that it's been exactly 3 1/2 years since I quit smoking.

Because of the way the bus system in Nashville works, in order to take 2 busses, you have to go downtown. So, when I have appointments or errands to run, I often take advantage of being downtown.

Today, I mailed out a few packages and then walked over to the library. It was a beautiful, sunny day, but it was cold, so staying outside for long didn't sound like much fun. When I finished at the library, I went to the bakery/coffee shop in the same building. I got a pastry and an eggnog latte, and read my book for awhile. It was very relaxing

Dinner tonight was something we decided on at the grocery store yesterday. We found a package of ground lamb at a really good price because today was the sell by date. We decided to make something like kebab-type meatballs, and a yogurt-based curry sauce with spinach. I knew it was going to be good, but it turned out much better than I expected. I generally don't do much in the way of carefully measuring and following recipes, so I probably wouldn't be able to duplicate it exactly, but I'm pretty sure I could come close enough. We will DEFINITELY be making that again. I actually think it might have been one of the best things I've ever cooked.

We finished the evening off by watching several episodes of Heroes. We really couldn't watch it before we got the bigger TV, because we couldn't read the subtitles.

Of course, before I could go to bed, I had to be sure to list a new item in my store. It's a Circle Goddess Kitchen Towel.

No comments: