Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Gloomy Day

It's been so gloomy the last couple of days, all I really want to do is curl up in bed with a snuggly cat and a book or some knitting. Alas, I have been much more virtuous than that, filling orders and getting things ready to dye.

The towels I embroider come sewn with polyester thread, so they're not great to dye. Every once in a while, though, I'll come across one that is really crooked, and I can't use it without taking out the hems and cutting it straighter. I generally set these aside, and after I take them apart and cut them straighter, I sew them back together with cotton thread so that they'll dye well. I have an order for the wonderland designs on a rainbow of colored towels, so it's time to fix up the stack of (now formerly) crooked ones.

I have yarn, towels, and cloak linings to dye for sure, and if at all possible, I'd like to get in some fringed silk shawls, a dye painted dress, and some dye painted altar cloths.

On the knitting front, I have learned to do ribbing, and my scarf is officially over halfway done. So, half a scarf and a hat to go, and then I need a new knitting project. Sighhhhhh... you people are going to make me join ravelry, aren't you?

No comments: