Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy 2011!

Happy new year, and I hope that 2011 is a happy and prosperous year for all of you! It's a prime number, which starts it off as interesting at the very least.

Yule and Christmas were lovely. The lead-up was hectic, as usual, and we spent Christmas weekend at home. There was enough snow on the ground to provide a good excuse for not leaving the house at all, and it was perfect.

My embroidery machine finally managed to let me know what her name is, so I can finally post a picture of my workspace and introduce you to everyone.


On the desk, you can see my laptop, Matilda (after Empress Matilda) and my Husqvarna/Viking sewing/embroidery machine, Aelfgigu. The big embroidery machine is Mama Ocllo, and you can see my new serger on the table. Her name is Elizabeth, after Elizabeth of York. Katherine (after Katherine Swynford) is my older Singer sewing machine, and you can see her case under the table.

You can't see the other computers, because they're in other rooms, but I'll introduce you anyway. Eleanor is my desktop, and she'll be moving down into the work room soon. Jane is my netbook, and she goes with me to shows/events. Anne is new to me, and will be taking over in my office, in Eleanor's current space.

In the event of a machine uprising, I'll definitely be one of the first to die. My machines and I get along well, everyone is treated well, but if it came down to an uprising, they'd really have no choice, right? Especially considering that my husband's computers are not included in that list.

No comments: