Friday, April 3, 2009

Pagan Unity Festival

May 28th - 31st 2009

I've never been to Pagan Unity Festival (PUF) before, but I've heard from friends that it's a lot of fun. This year, I'll be able to find out for myself how fun it is. I'm going to be there as a vendor, and I'm working on building up some stock.

I'm really excited, because I've been experimenting with some interesting techniques, and I'll be bringing a fun selection of items. Of course I'll have my kitchen towels and tarot bags, along with my wallhangings. I've been working on some jewelry and suncatchers, and they're turning out really neat. Pretty soon I'll be embroidering some T-shirts and aprons, which I'm really looking forward to. I have some really neat designs that I've been dying to use, and they'll be fabulous for those projects. I also have plans for some altar cloths, refrigerator magnets, and a few other little things.

I'm going to be sharing my booth with my friend Edie. She's a terrible influence on me, and I love her for it! If not for her, I would not have gone to WomenSpirit in the fall, and it was a really wonderful experience for me. Edie has a ministry for pagan women in prison, and she'll be selling some beaded jewelry to benefit that.

I'll be missing spring WomenSpirit. PUF and WomenSpirit are both in May, and I had to choose one. I wasn't sure that I could come up with enough stock for 2 events that close, plus it was just going to be too expensive to go to both. I decided on PUF because it's less expensive, it's local, and it gives me a chance to work on some nice things for men and kids. I really hope I'll be able to make it for fall, though.

As it turns out, it was a smart decision to be frugal. My husband lost his job last week, so we're putting some considerable effort into conserving our money and finding him a new job. (Know anyone looking for a good web developer in Nashville?) As stressful as the situation is, I'll admit I've been enjoying his company. He's enjoying having the opportunity to spend some time working on my website and online business presence, keeping his skills fresh and learning some new things.

No comments: